Dropping in today to quietly announce that the Regenerate Your Business Podcast is launching THIS WEEK on Wednesday.
Over the next 4 weeks, we will be promoting different episodes of the guests that have been a part of this epic effort across several channels.
I can’t think of a better opportunity to give you a behind the scenes window into how you can repurpose your content to amplify awareness.
Ready to dive in?
In this newsletter, I’ll share with you the:
- podcast production playbook
- tools I use to publish across different channels
- ROI and Costs associated with podcast production
Launching and hosting a Podcast show doesn’t have to be a monumental effort. The easier you make it, the easier it will be to maintain consistency through shipping episodes weekly.
Below I list out the exact steps that I am following to produce the episode (at the time of this writing)
- Confirm that the guest is hype and excited to join
- Send them the Intake form to collect relevant info
- Review responses and prepare for show
- Record the interview
- Export audio and video into Descript
- Edit and Add Music
- Create Reels and Clips
- Publish on Youtube and Spotify for Podcasters
- Promote across Channels
While everyone wishes there was 1 tool to rule them all, I did my best to consolidate the Regenerate your Business Podcast stack.
We use the following tools to produce my show:
- Tally Forms to collect the guest information prior to the show
- Calendly to schedule the interviews
- Riverside to record the interviews
- Notion to manage and oversee the entire Podcast
- Descript to edit the recording and add the audio segments
- Youtube to publish the video recording
- Spotify for Podcasters to publish the audio across all platforms
The Return on Investment
Lets lay out the costs and the revenues of this initiative.
On average, I spend an hour for each episode between preparing, recording, and publishing each episode.
My team handles the downloading, editing, and preparing for publishing. It’s about $75 of labor cost per episode.
The tools cost about $300/year (at 100 episodes a year, thats about $0.30 an episode)
The startup investment was about $300 with the intro, outro, and commercials.
That brings the estimated costs for the first year to about $8,000.
At this point, it’s difficult to estimate what the revenues will be from this effort.
What I have 100% certainty in, is that having 50 episodes recorded of your insights, is a massive trust builder for listeners that are discovering you and evaluating the value of signing up to work together.
With my programs ranging in investments of $500-$5000, it will take between 1-10 people to register to generate a return on my initial investment.
In one year, I’ll write up a project summary and let you know.
Let me know if you are interested in launching a podcast one day so I can share my templates with you to make it easier to get going!
Thanks for reading, Ernesto
Receive these posts in your inbox 📩
All rights reserved © 2022 Ernesto Mandowsky — Design & Development by rinconelloinc